According to the UK government website, you can get money for home improvements for your house or home or property without having to foot the entire bill upfront. Here is a list of the sort of improvements you can make to your home:
- Insulation – eg loft or cavity wall insulation
- Double glazing
- Renewable energy technologies – eg solar panels or wind turbines
What you need to do to get Green Deal Money
Get an assessment of your property to see what improvements you can make and how much you could save on your energy bills.
- Assessment of your property to see exactly where you can best find the places to save energy on your property.
- Find a Green Deal provider to carry out the work.
- Sign your green deal plan. This is the contract between you and provider outlining a schedule and costs.
- When the work is completed you can pay for the work on a monthly installment timetable through your electricity bill.